Fire Damage in a Greektown Kitchen
Fires burn up this room of the house more often than other rooms because of the flames and heat present; typically, poor attention while cooking is the human error factor. The wall and ceiling area behind the range were ruined from a grease fire that got out of control. Our SERVPRO technicians focused on cleaning out and disposing of all the charred debris before we could begin to deal with the fire damage restoration. We wiped down the wet smoke and soot from the remaining sections of the ceiling, walls, and cabinets but some staining remained. We used HEPA filtered equipment to capture most of the airborne smoky particles, then deodorized the affected kitchen and attic area. The rebuild took several days to complete, and the owners were very satisfied with their new looking kitchen.