What is Involved in Flood Damage Remediation?
When flooding occurred in this home, SERVPRO was there. We restored this home to its preloss condition.
After a Storm, SERVPRO Has the Flood Damage Restoration Techniques Necessary to Bring Your Chicago Home Back to Pre-Loss Condition
With a flood loss event, it might seem overwhelming to determine what is salvageable in your Chicago residence and what is not. Regardless of the devastation level, it is imperative that you have a team on your side ready and promptly handle water removal and restoration. SERVPRO responds fast to not only put your mind at ease but also to lessen the development of secondary damage. Everything gets done to ensure your interior is left "Like it never even happened."
Is the Floodwater in My Home Dangerous?
We want our customers to know that dealing with flood damage in Chicago is best left to the experts as this water is known for harboring many contaminants. We have specialized procedures for mitigating the water damage while ensuring your interior remains protected from the transmission of microbes and bacteria from the loss zone into other rooms. Once we arrive on your property, we work to eliminate various safety hazards by:
- Wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Our technicians wear foot coverings to eradicate the chance of grime and debris tracking
- Posting signs
- Setting a perimeter
- Tarping off areas to limit tracking from one room to the next
- Treating the flood-zone with specialized products to keep hazards to a minimum
We must work diligently, yet carefully, to remove silt and debris from your interior that the floodwaters bring in. Floodwater often contains hazardous materials such as:
- Fecal matter, and more
In some cases, our skilled technicians may implement containment measures to keep contamination from spreading to unaffected areas. Some contaminated regions benefit significantly from negative pressure, limiting the spread of hazardous mold spores into clean spaces within the house.
How is the Water Removed from My Interior?
SERVPRO technicians can execute timely water extraction by using:
- Truck-mounted extractors capable of handling large amounts of water riddled with debris
- Submersible and portable pumps
- Light wand extractors
- Weighted extractors, known as rovers, use the technician's weight to push water out of carpeting and the padding beneath
What Makes Floodwater Harmful?
After a significant storm that results in flooding, black water throughout your home poses a considerable health threat to your family and pets. Blackwater is standing water, discolored with visible contaminants floating within. Such pollutants include debris that comes from outside your home and usually consists of a range of biohazards and bacteria.
You Can Count on Us to Safely Address Black Water from a Flood
Our skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) can handle whatever safety hazards and flood damage your Chicago home encounters after a storm. We have experience dealing with significant flooding and extensive interior damage, allowing us to formulate a plan of proven restoration methods.
You mustn't try walking or wading through any portion of your home with standing water, which could lead to potentially dangerous pathogen and bacteria exposure with possible health effects. There could be hidden hazards within the murky water that could lead to bodily injury or electrocution. Once our crew arrives on the scene, we will carefully perform an assessment to tell us what type of damage to which we are working. We formulate a plan using a unique process that helps us determine the best equipment for the job. The restoration steps usually resemble the following:
- Flood-zone assessment
- Address any potential safety hazards
- Determine the structural integrity
- Water extraction using industrial-grade equipment
- Drying measures using air movers, powerful fans, and dehumidifiers
- Moisture detection to keep hidden moisture pockets from festering and creating secondary damage
- Controlled demolition to remove unsalvageable building materials, including baseboards, drywall, carpeting, carpet padding, and subflooring
- Detailed cleaning, sanitization, and disinfecting to ensure your interior is ready and safe for your family to enjoy once again
Besides Flooring and Drywall, What Other Items May Not Be Salvageable After Flooding?
Each case gets treated as unique due to the uncertainty of contaminants within the flooded portion of your home. Once we perform the initial loss assessment and begin the cleanup process, we will have a clearer picture of which items need disposing. Depending on how long the water is left to fester, many belongings, fixtures, furnishings, and other building materials may call for a total replacement.
Throughout the cleanup and restoration process, you can trust that our crew will take a detailed inventory of any pack-outs and items with which we dispose of, which helps with your records, as well as your insurance claim.
SERVPRO of West Loop/Bucktown/Greektown is here whenever you need professional assistance with flood damage. Call us 24/7 for emergency service at (773) 434-9100, and we send out a team as soon as possible.
What Can I Do About the Water Damage in My Chicago Pizza Cafe?
SERVPRO knows how important staying up and running when it comes to your Chicago business water damage, call us today.
SERVPRO of Chicago Can Offer You Water Damage Mitigation Services!
Owning a restaurant in Chicago can be rewarding, but it can suddenly become extremely stressful when water damage comes knocking. The best thing you can do to get your doors open again is seeking help immediately. A loss of foot traffic is a loss of revenue and, here at SERVPRO, we want to help you avoid that as much as possible.
If water damage suddenly left your Chicago pizza cafe unable to operate, we can help. Call us swiftly, and our highly trained technicians can come, no matter the time or the day of the week. We work around your schedule here at SERVPRO.
I Need Discretion, Can Your Technicians Work That Way?
No matter what your needs are, we can work something out. We're dedicated to giving you the service you need. If you require discreet remediation, our technicians can:
- Use back entrances to access the building
- Work during the night instead of the day
- Get our drying equipment inside your cafe swiftly
Seeing that you are closed until further notice can chase your customers off and send them to your competitors. For this reason, we're proud to say that We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What Equipment Can You Use to Mitigate the Water Damage?
Imagine that a burst pipe caused the damage to your pizza cafe. We can work swiftly to employ the use of advanced technological equipment to remove the mess. We can:
- Use extractors and wet/dry vacuums to remove excess water
- Use infrared cameras to locate all sources of water damage inside
- Employ the use of drying equipment, like dehumidifiers and air blasting tubes
Here at SERVPRO, we have the equipment to remediate the water damage on your property. No matter how large or small it is.
Call SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown immediately if you find yourself in need of water damage mitigation services. Dial (773) 434-9100 to speak to a technician. We're always ready to help.
A Storm Has Caused Flooding in My Chicago Home, What Should I Do?
Our professionals can help restore your property to its preloss condition within a short period.
Hire Professionals from SERVPRO to Handle the Storm Flood Damage in Your Chicago Home
Severe storms accompanied by fierce winds and heavy rainfall can lead to significant damage to your Chicago home. It is vitally essential to act fast by seeking professional help to minimize secondary damage and get your property back to normal.
When should I call the professionals?
You should call professionals soon after your Chicago home sustains storm flood damage. Before you enter your home, ensure your safety. Watch out for standing water that could be electrically charged, fallen power lines, and wild animals. Beginning the restoration process soon helps prevent additional destruction like:
• Mold growth
• Wood rot
• Swelling of laminate
When we receive our customer’s emergency call, we respond immediately. We use approved techniques and advanced equipment to restore homes effectively. Our skills and experience help us provide our customers with professional water removal, elimination of microbial threats, and odor removal.
What does flood damage restoration include?
Floodwater from a natural disaster is hazardous for human health. Therefore, it is wise to let professionals handle the restoration process, which includes:
• Water extraction: Immediate floodwater removal, minimizes damage and speeds up the drying process. We can work hard to preserve your home and remove the damaged materials. We can use a self-priming trash pump to remove the floodwater since it may contain solids such as leaves, stones, silt, and sand, among other debris.
• Controlled demolition: Our SERVPRO team has advanced training and resources that help us save as much property as possible. To clear damaged areas effectively, we offer controlled demolition services taking care to remove what is necessary. For instance, we can use a carpet knee kicker, and a carpet razor knife to remove the carpeting and pad.
• Structural drying: The drying process is essential to prevent mold growth. We use state-of-the-art equipment that helps us dry even the hard-to-reach areas and speed up the process.
• Application of anti-microbial products to prevent mold growth: Mold flourishes in humid areas. It can spread through airborne spores that only an effective treatment can stop. We can remove the moldy materials or use anti-microbial solutions to kill the mold.
• Monitoring moisture levels: After water removal, cleaning, and drying of the affected areas, we inspect the affected areas to ensure they are dry, and your property is safe to occupy. Our experts can use a non-penetrating moisture meter to detect moisture. The device is useful in detecting moisture in materials such as drywall and plaster.
Do not let flood damage distract you from your daily activities for long. Contact SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown at (773) 434-9100. Our professionals can help restore your property to its preloss condition within a short period. “Like it never even happened.”
Why Is Commercial Water Removal and Disinfection Responsibility Best Given to Restoration Professionals in Chicago?
SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown is ready to take on the most complex commercial water removal challenge.
Trained and Experienced SERVPRO Technicians Are Knowledgeable, Capable, and Well-Equipped for Safe Chicago Commercial Water Removal and Sanitizing
The broad range of issues arising when managing a significant water loss in a large commercial space is not amenable to DIY interventions. Even if your Chicago business has a competent day to day cleaning staff or a reliable contracted janitorial service, water emergencies swiftly exceed the ability of cleaning crews to deliver optimum outcomes. Safety concerns and the need for highly specialized equipment and professional products to resolve the damage and health concerns arising from the addition of raw sewage to the contaminant list substantially changes the cleaning requirements.
What Makes a Contaminated Water Crisis Different from other Cleaning Challenges?
When heavy rains cause a sewage drainage pipe to back up and flood your industrial warehouse, safe and efficient water removal from your Chicago distribution center rises to a whole new level of complexity. Overflow from a nearby river exerts pressure on the normal waste flow, creating a severe risk of exposure to biohazards by your employees and potential destruction of inventory as the waste returns to your facility. Cleanup now requires:
• The wearing of full personal protective equipment (PPE) by technicians assigned to clear away the water and to perform testing for migration of contaminants into building cavities
• Containment of the contaminated fluid for disposal as hazardous waste following local regulations at an approved site
• Cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces in contact with the toxic mix of water, industrial waste, and fecal material
• Management of the saturation of the porous materials present in the affected area
What Does Water Mitigation and Remediation Look Like Under These Circumstances?
A comprehensive safety survey conducted by SERVPRO project managers identifies any live utility risks and demonstrable structural instability stemming from the exterior flooding:
• Power is shut down until safe to restart. Our equipment uses generators until that happens.
• Our crews prevent or divert the continual incursion of the contaminated water with barriers or ditching outside of your building.
• Solid debris is removed, and then we remove standing water with a series of submersible pumps followed by truck-mounted extraction under the skilled operation of our trained technicians.
• During water removal, ventilation enhances the movement of moist air by the opening of all passageways and doors and windows.
• EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants would be applied via broadcast methods for a first pass to mitigate the effects of the contaminants before work crews commenced tasks.
How Do You Dry Out Vast Commercial Spaces?
Even though wide-open ventilation is used throughout the first phases of water removal and initial sanitizing, these conditions are not optimal for an open drying system to complete the job. High humidity outside during the spring and summer months, including the rainy weather that caused the initial flooding that led to the sewer backup, unreasonably slows drying.
Never fear. Our Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-trained crews master many innovative and research-based options to improve drying outcomes. The IICRC is an international organization charged with setting standards in the restoration industry. The best practices established by the IICRC are reliable and practical, designed to carry out a wide range of restoration tasks safely.
Does Drying Work Better When You Contain Smaller WorkSpaces?
Using 1.6 mil polyethylene and temporary structures that partition the larger space into manageable drying areas, we can set up air movers and heaters to evaporate absorbed water more efficiently from structural components into the air as vapor. Dehumidifiers can clear the vapor when the spaces are reduced in area, collecting the water for appropriate disposal.
Why Is Disinfection Completed Before Structural Drying?
The foundation of structural drying is moving warm, dry air over wet surfaces. The disruption of the air movers can cause pathogens to become airborne, not a desirable result. Planning for a second disinfection or sanitization phase to occur before the placement of air movers reduces the chance of respreading hazardous residues throughout your commercial building.
What Is the Role of Air Scrubbers in Disinfection and Sanitization During Commercial Water Removal and Drying?
Since pathogens, including molds always present in typical commercial buildings and human infectious agents from the sewage, can become airborne during mitigation and remediation efforts, the use of air scrubbing technology is also part of the larger plan. The negative air pressure machinery forces the atmosphere within a containment partition through HEPA filters. Contaminants are captured in the filters, and the air passing through is exhausted to the outdoors. A HEPA filter must be 99.97% efficient against 0.3-micron oily aerosol particles at the application flow rate per the Institute for Environmental Sciences and Technology (IEST).
SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown is ready to take on the most complex commercial water removal challenge. Our crews are familiar with hazardous waste management and remediation, including effective EPA-registered disinfection and sanitization strategies. Call for a professional consultation at (773) 434-9100.
Chicago Properties Can Get Extra Protection Against Contamination
They do their part. SERVPRO helps businesses maintain a healthy work environment.
Different Properties Require Specialized Treatment
There is a lot of disinformation spreading regarding the virus in the Chicago area. However, the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control CDC states that one of the best action plans includes cleaning and applying disinfectants to surfaces.
SERVPRO has decades of experience removing biohazards due to pathogens in Chicago properties. The technicians make safety a priority and use proper personal protective equipment (PPE). They also set up containments when necessary to reduce the potential for cross-contamination during cleanup, since the CDC theorizes that the virus also spreads via airborne droplets.
The SERVPRO technicians have the equipment, training, and proper cleaning to perform deep cleaning on any surface. Counters, computer keypads, and doorknobs get wiped down with an EPA-registered cleaning solution. The technicians will specifically use certain equipment and treatments for differing surfaces. The chosen application is based on minimizing cost and applying our years of experience in providing decontamination services.
Get peace of mind about what you can do to reduce the chances of spreading the virus in your property by contacting SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown at (773) 434-9100.
Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Chicago, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown today at (773) 434-9100 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Whom Should I Call for Flood Damage Remediation in Chicago?
If you are ever faced with a similar situation, call SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown at (773) 434-9100 for assistance.
In Chicago, There are Many Services You Can Call, but SERVPRO is Perhaps the Best Option
Spring rainstorms in the Midwest can be quite severe. They routinely wreak havoc up and down the region every year. In the Chicago area, in particular, it is far from uncommon for them to swell rivers and cause massive flooding. Recently, a local resident experienced this firsthand when floodwaters deluged the basement and ground floor of his suburban home. This occurred after a particularly stormy period and resulted in extensive flood damage to the homeowner’s property. Once the floodwaters receded, he frantically searched for a cleaning and remediation service that could help him.
Who Did the Homeowner Contact for Help?
After doing an extensive search online, the resident learned more about companies that handle flood damage in Chicago. While he found several that did this work, SERVPRO appeared to be the one most capable of dealing with his specific situation. Some of the reasons he was impressed by our service and decided to contact us for help are:
• We are part of a disaster/large loss recovery team that pools equipment and resources, like 53-foot recovery trailers and massive electrical generators, to resolve even the biggest, most difficult jobs.
• SERVPRO has advanced industrial-grade cleaning and restoration equipment and products.
• Our Chicago firm is certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
• Company technicians are individually certified in relevant fields like water damage restoration and applied structural drying.
What Did SERVPRO Do for the Homeowner and What Can It Do For You?
The suburban Chicago resident was amazed by how rapidly we were able to remediate his flood damage. Moreover, we saved him time and money by helping to prevent:
• Structural damage
• Future dry rot and related issues
• Buckling of wooden flooring
• Fungal growth that could lead to an unhealthy breathing environment
After we completed all our work, the homeowner quickly regained his sense of security. If you are ever faced with a similar situation, call SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown at (773) 434-9100 for assistance.
For more about Chicago click here.
How Can I Clean Muddy Water Out Of My Carpet in Chicago?
“Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO has the tools and experience to restore Chicago homes to their preloss condition
When the Windy City has high winds along with a storm, it can drive rainwater, dirt, and debris into a home. Once this water enters, it needs cleanup as fast as possible. Waiting too long to start the cleanup can result in:
• Foul odors
• Loss of the carpet
• Warped subfloor from water absorption
Can the Deep Stains From Flood Damage in My Home Get Cleaned Up?
Flood damage in a Chicago home frequently is not just rainwater coming in. The problem gets compounded when the water picks up dirt and sometimes debris along the way. A leaking roof can mix with water in a dusty attic and trickle filthy water through a ceiling onto the furnishings and carpet below.
The following actions are necessary for cleaning carpets with water loss.
• Extraction of the water
• Determination if the carpet is suitable for reuse or requires disposal
?The reason the determination happens after drying is that wet carpet is dense and has the potential to cause lifting injuries, so the water needs to get extracted, and the carpet dried before moving if necessary.
Removal of Water Stains from Carpet
It is not uncommon for carpet, particular short pile, or Berber-type carpets. After careful vacuuming to ensure any sand or dirt gets removed, SERVPRO technicians can use bonnet cleaning or hot water extraction to even out the carpet fibers and remove the stains left behind by the water loss. Although bonnet cleaning is one of the least aggressive cleaning methods, the carpet must be in good structural shape, or the rotary action during cleaning can damage the carpet. The technicians always inspect and test the carpet before choosing a method for cleaning.
SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown at (773) 434-9100 brings the experience and equipment to local properties to handle any type of storm damage to both the structure and contents.
For more about Chicago click here.
How to Avoid Further Damage from Water When Disaster Hits?
SERVPRO of West Loop Bucktown Greektown works around the clock and can attend to any size disaster. Call (772) 434-9100
When a home experiences a water damage event and the problem is not fixed as soon as possible, it can quickly develop into a severe problem. Apart from the expected financial losses, there is a possibility of experiencing health effects when the water remains in the structure for 24 – 48 hours and molds grow. To avoid further damage and salvage as many items as possible, you have to act fast when you encounter such incidents in Chicago.
Water Damage Restoration Services that Residents of Chicago can Trust
You can never tell when you are going to need water damage restoration services in Chicago. Your property might have been in perfect condition in the morning, and a few leaks from a faulty plumbing system may change everything. It is for that same reason that our SERVPRO technicians are always available to attend to any emergency at any time of the day. Our team is well-trained to deal with any size of emergency. When we are working for you, no incident is too big or too small; we always give every restoration work the seriousness it deserves. The use of specialized equipment such as moisture meters and sensors allow us to identify wet areas and items and come up with appropriate restoration procedures.
The fact that we are locally owned also gives us an upper hand when dealing with water damage events. We understand the region and its environs well, thereby putting us in a position where we can respond to emergencies quickly. Upon contacting our SERVPRO team, we carefully inspect and assess the damage caused and remove the water. We start by physically extracting the water by using pumps and portable extractors. Next, we can install air movers and dehumidifiers to dry the building properly. Dehumidifiers work by absorbing the moisture that gets added to the surrounding air as wet materials lose water. If necessary, we can perform deodorization to address odors that may have resulted from rotting organic materials.
SERVPRO of West Loop/ Bucktown/ Greektown works around the clock and can attend to any size disaster. Call (772) 434-9100 when your home or businesses need emergency services after experiencing any fire, storm, water, or mold damage incidents.
Click here for more information about Chicago.
What are Some of Dangers Caused by Fire Damage in a Chicago Property?
Our Professional Technicians have extensive training and equipment to get your property back to pre-fire condition.
The dangers of fire and smoke damage
The dangers of Wicker Park fire damage last much longer than the initial blaze. Fire and smoke damage can be two of the most toxic kinds of damage that a house can take. Fire and smoke have the unique capacity to permeate the walls, ceiling, floor, internal plumbing and upholstery in your home, creating a completely untenable environment for years if it is not properly treated.
Even smoke on its own is a dangerous commodity to leave unchecked. Smoke acts as a vehicle to spread fire, creating a much more hazardous environment if there is any danger of a blaze at all. Here are some of the basic facts about smoke and fire that every homeowner should know.
Smoke is actually more dangerous than fire.
Smoke is nothing more than a collection of toxic gases. While fire takes much longer to move and can be exterminated relatively quickly if addressed, smoke can completely engulf a previously safe home in less than three minutes.
Smoke can act in one of two major ways - as a narcotic or as an irritant. The symptoms of smoke inhalation can vary according to the environment and the person. Some of the more dangerous symptoms can include euphoria, confusion, disorientation, rashness and even physical pain if the smoke meets the mucus membranes in your nose.
Exposure to smoke for more than three minutes in large quantities is often fatal.
It is not just fire and smoke that make a home unsafe; it is also the damage that fire and smoke leave behind.
Aside from the toxic fumes that smoke and fire leave, they can also cause deep set structural problems to the infrastructure of your real estate. Even if you believe a certain location to be safe because fire did not destroy it after a blaze, it may not be. The structural damage may cause the entire room to cave in on you if you are not careful.
Professional restoration is the only way to make sure that your home is completely safe after a fire or smoke emergency. Your next move after a fire emergency should be to contact a fire damage contractor immediately.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Every fire damage situation is a little different and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. When various materials burn, the soot they create differs greatly and requires a specific cleaning procedure. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage restoration. Learn more about our fire damage restoration process.
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof Tarp Service (if needed)
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Cleaning and Repair
If you suffer fire or smoke damage in Wicker Park, SERVPRO of West Loop-Bucktown-Greektown can help. They specialize in Wicker Park fire and water damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. Our Professional Technicians have extensive training and equipment to get your property back to pre-fire condition. Call us for your emergency 24/7 at (773) 434-9100.