“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
We Use Results and Not Wordplay to Help Chicago Residents
As a company, we are not going to attempt to sell you on our services using big words and unqualified statements like ‘we are the best’ or ‘you will never find anyone with our training.’ Instead of telling you the statements that sound good, as fellow Chicago residents just like you, we know how important honesty is when you get put in a vulnerable position after a loss incident. Because so many homes and businesses battle mold growth throughout the year, knowing the causes and how to remedy these scenarios can help you move on quickly.
The Sciences of Moisture and Mold
There are no magic tricks when facing active mold colonization in your Chicago residence. Because every environment that you find yourself in features microscopic mold spores, the idea that it is possible to remove all these microorganisms is overly ambitious. These unqualified statements play on the pressing needs of the homeowner who does not realize that not only is the total removal of a mold presence impossible, the attempt would be astronomically priced.
What Can You Expect from Remediators?
Our SERVPRO professionals know how to help after mold losses. The focus with responding to these disasters is addressing the hazardous aspects of mold development, and this means working quickly to establish:
• Containment barriers
• Drying zones
• Air quality control equipment
• Decontamination areas to prevent spreading colonization to new areas
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (773) 434-9100
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (773) 434-9100
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: