Your Belongings and Mold Damage
Technologies to Clean, Restore and Renew Mold-Damaged Contents in Chicago Homes
You might not realize that you are facing a mold threat in your Chicago home until it has gotten out of control. By the time that you notice the organism damages organic materials and contents in the living space, many other items and structural elements might have become irreparably damaged. Noting the condition of affected items and areas in your home is a vital part of the remediation process by our SERVPRO professionals, as this dictates what contents and structural points are salvageable and which ones must get removed and replaced.
• Does spotting on your clothing make them uncleanable?
• Is it possible to dry and clean carpeting with mold in the fibers?
• What materials are at risk for colonization?
You might not have the answer to these questions, but it is the job of the responding SERVPRO remediation technicians to know these facts for your Chicago residence.
Why Wouldn’t DIY Cleaning Work?
You might be in the camp that any job started as soon as it is needed is better than one you have to wait for, and in most situations, that is sound advice. Starting the recovery of your possessions damaged by fungal colonization might be an exception to this rule because many property owners lack the specific equipment, products, and knowledge of practices to do these tasks as thoroughly and as efficiently as our responding technicians can.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (773) 434-9100
SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water and mold damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When the restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water and mold, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water and mold damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most