Who Delivers Positive Mold Remediation News in Chicago?
Research-based Strategies are Why SERVPRO Mold Abatement Works
Mold growth in your Chicago house is never a happy discovery. Consumer remedies tend to focus on a spray and wait approach, using a diluted chlorine bleach solution to “kill” an outbreak. Ironically, the water-heavy mixture often brings only temporary relief, and the mold growth roars back even more vigorously than before. Why does this happen?
- Mold spores need moisture to awaken from their dormant state and grow.
- Mold organisms consist of hyphae, rootlike filaments that infiltrate deeply into porous building materials such as drywall, grout, insulation, and more.
- When a predominantly water-based solution soaks porous materials, it does not reach and kill the deepest hyphae, which “rebound” to create more mold colonies.
- The staining mold deposits on surfaces might lighten with the application of bleach, but the excess water keeps the materials damp and feeds the mold below the surface.
What Is the Reason Why SERVPRO’s Remediation Works?
The EPA protocols used by SERVPRO for Chicago mold remediation do not rely on s surface spray to eradicate mold. We instead:
- Locate the mold
- Contain it with heavy-duty plastic and air scrubbing technology to prevent drift of moldy debris
- Mechanically remove the mold with
- Controlled soda or dry ice blasting
- Bag and dispose of mold material in line with local regulations
- Spray with EPA-antimicrobials after clearing the mold to inhibit regrowth
- Address the underlying moisture issues, including extracting water, planning plumbing or roof repairs, and using professional drying equipment to bring moisture levels to normal
Emphasizing research and following best practices are why SERVPRO of West Loop / Bucktown / Greektown resolves your mold remediation concerns. Call (773) 434-9100 for an evaluation and consultation.